We respect the privacy of every one who visits our websites, uses our mobile applications or other services or interacts with us such as contacting customer service and we are committed to ensuring that we protect and respect the information you entrust to us.
PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
NATURE OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Information we may collect about you includes;
Information you provide us through the use of any of the services below;
- Registering as a user on our website, mobile application or any of our services (you provide information such as your name, email address and other required information.)
- Paying for any of our products, subscription or services (you provide your payment identity verification information, including your name, email address, physical address and credit card information).
- Your correspondences and feedbacks about our services such as filling forms, questionnaires or surveys.
- Communicating with us on our social media pages (you provide Information such as your username, status and references to your online presence).
- Contacting us with an enquiry or ask us to provide you with information;
- Posting any comments or reviews on our products or services
- Communicate with us via social media websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
Information we collect about you through the use of our services;
When you access our services online, we automatically collect information about your use of our services and devices such as:
- Technical information such as: operating system and version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions.
- Information about your use of our website and mobile application such as the time of your visit and the pages or content viewed by you, details of transactions you carry out, interaction information, record of any correspondence between us and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- Information about your visit(s) from your IP address, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), click stream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information acquired from trusted sources
We may receive information about you from companies who provide services to you such as your TV or internet service provider, streaming media, device providers who make our services available on their devices or mobile phone carriers, social media platforms, public databases and its likes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information as disclosed about you in the following ways:
- The information may be used to provide you with our services such as; to create and manage your account or subscription, provide you with your account updates/ customer support.
- The information may be used to perform our contractual obligations with you.
- The information may be used to send promotional messages and newsletters through the means of emails, text messages or other notifications on your device (you may unsubscribe from promotional emails via a link provided in each email).
- The information may be used to target advertisements to you, both on and off our services.
- The information may be used to provide, maintain and improve our services.
- The information may be used to maintain the safety and security of our services; which includes to protect the rights and property of TStv including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements.
- The information may be used to conduct internal research.
- The information may be used to enable you participate in public platforms or other interactive features of the services.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will only process your Personal Information on the following grounds:
- Consent: This will apply where you have given your consent to the processing of your Personal information. You always have the right to withdraw your consent.
- Performance of Contract: This will apply where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation placed on TStv.
- Vital interests: This is where processing is required for the protection of your vital interests.
- Public interest: Where processing is necessary for the performance of a task or function carried out in the interest of the public.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by TStv or by a third party.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security procedures to help protect your information from unlawful destruction, accidental loss, misuse or alteration and unauthorized access. Please note that no data transmission or storage is completely secure. We do not warrant or guarantee complete security of any information you transmit to us. Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access our website or mobile application, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Third parties authorized by TStv and acting on our behalf such as our employees, contractors or agents, they are only allowed access to your information as needed to perform functions of the Services or to provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide services to us under a contract and are required to keep the personal information confidential.
- For marketing communications, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so on social media sites and platforms such as Facebook.
- If reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory process such as court order, search warrant or any similar process as presented by a law enforcement officer or agency.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, including a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, provided that the receiving party agrees to protect personal information in accordance with the commitments of this policy and applicable law.
- If your actions violate our user agreements or policies, or in a bid to protect the rights, property, or safety of TStv.
We will keep your personal Information for only as long as necessary. The length of this storage depends on the purpose for which the information was obtained and its nature. For example, if you register for an account with us, we will generally maintain your account information as long as needed to service your account. We may also keep your personal information as required by law. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Any information you supply to us shall be treated in accordance with the applicable law and you are entitled to certain rights in respect of the information we hold about you.
- The right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to consent and withdrawal of consent in processing your information.
- The right to request that we correct any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information.
- The right to request that we erase your personal information and same will be complied with, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- The right to object to your personal information being used for marketing purposes.
- The right to lodge a complaint about the handling of your Personal information with the National Information Technology Development Agency (“NITDA”).
- The right to freely transfer your Personal Data received from us to any other person.